Translate

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

my week got screwed up.  I'm acting as a trainer at work and everyday I get off work at 5:00 pm (sometimes a little earlier) and I do a run and then pick up my wife and take her to Jindalee public pool and she puts in 40 or 50 laps.  But this week they changed my training schedule and I am now getting off work at 6 pm.  So my run yesterday got scrubbed (I was going to run with VH but she could not run that late as she had a previous engagement) and I had to get in a quick run today.  Instead of my usual 6k after work run I finished a 5.3k run. 

I am hoping to get another run in on Friday before work and I am playing tennis on Saturday with a friend.  Would it be fair for me to wear my iPhone and track how far I get while playing tennis?  Is it fair to include that distance in my virtual run to the Sydney Opera House?  Let me know what you think by leaving a comment on this post or send an email to slowrunning73@gmail.com

I've downloaded a new app on my iPhone.  It is tracking my calorie intake in a bid to help me lose weight.  The app is called myfitnesspal and its free from the app store.  I'm going to try it for 2 weeks and see if my weight comes down.  If you have used this app or use another app to track your calories please let me or the readers of this blog know all about it.

I am in second place in the Slowrunning group.  The current leader is still BattleSuasage.  Good work to you.  Third place sits sirmark182, fourth place is AP, 5th is Darryn2468.  6th we have Bajarmusica and good friend Kelkel10 is back.  Welcome back kelkel.

Stats:

Distance: 5.32 (3.3 miles)
Total kilometres: 256.32 (159.2 miles)
Kilometres left: 753.68 (468.32 miles)
Weight: 90.7 kg (199.96lbs)
Calories burned: 500

Total Calories burned: 24355
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

1 comment:

  1. I say do not include the tennis stats, after all its called "slow running man" not "slow running and tennis playing man".

    As for the calorie counter you are using to lose weight, I say don`t bother. I have been eating non stop since using the micoach soccer programs. I have the default time zones which is a challenge, and at first trying to reach and maintain the yellow and even red zones where a real challenge. Recently I started a program that has 30 seconds of red followed by 30 seconds of green for 8 intervals each, this is really working the muscles and burning the fat. On a side note I`m happy to say I hit a top speed of 24 k/ph. Looking forward to starting soccer season in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete