Translate

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run 29% done)

My running schedule this week got all messed up. Mrs. Slowrunning had needs that superseded my running need.  Suffice to say she is on the mend and will be at full health soon.  I believe she is targeting Sunday to start her swimming again.

Today is Anzac day here in Australia.  It is a public holiday.  Anzac day celebrates the Australian/New Zealand military force.  Today was the day I decided to do an 8k run to make up for the fact that I had not run all week.  Today's run took place in Forest Lake.  My favorite part of the day was walking past some veterans as they were walking to the Forest Lake Anzac day celebration.  They all had their medals out and polished for the occasion.  I touched my cap to a few veterans as I ran.

The 8ks was fun today.  I was full of energy and felt good.  I'm feeling sore now but I will take tomorrow off to rest up.  I do have some good news to report.  I finally broke the 90kg mark and weighed in today at 89.8kg.  I must admit using the MyFitnessPal iPhone app has really helped.  I am hoping by the time my half marathon run starts I will be close to 80kg.  I was going to say fingers crossed but there will be no luck involved.  It will be hard work to get there.

I also wanted to make this blog as interactive as possible.  In the comment section please let me and other readers of this blog know how many k's you have run this week.  Or you can send me an email to Slowrunningman73@gmail.com

Stats:

Distance: 8k (4.97miles)
Total kilometres: 293.78k (182.6 miles)
Kilometres left: 716.22k (445.04 miles)
Weight: 89.8 kg (198lbs)
Calories burned: 750

Total Calories burned: 27907
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pete, happy to hear you had a good run! In your last post, you were talking about the gear you wore. I want to tell you about mine. I wear any brand! I get most of my gear at Winners! I wear all different brands on my runs. NewBalance Capris, Addidas long sleeve shirt, ect.. My shoes are NewBalance, I don't buy my shoes at Winners. I'll also tell you about my distance this week. I ran 45.46kms this week. That's usually about what I do in a week. I run happy, sad, tired it doesn't matter, because I always feel great after a run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My running for the week hovers around the 30k mark. Unlike yourself I am not setting out with a goal to run x amount of k`s, mine is about speed. As you know I am playing soccer again this year and the season starts in a few weeks. I have been using the micoach app since October to get ready for this year. I am waiting for our first preseason game which should be in about two weeks.

    ReplyDelete