Translate

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

Today I had a very disappointing run.  I didn't bring my running gear to work as my wife was going to swim after work.  She sent me an email to tell me she was going to have dinner with a friend after work and would take the train home.  I left work and got home around 5:30....changed and got ready for my run.  I had run about a kilometre when I started to see some flashes of lightning.  This worried me a trifle.  I don't want to get in the open during a lightning storm in the tropics.  I've seen what the weather can do here in Brisbane.  I was toying with the idea of running the gauntlet and try to out run the storm.  The next problem was the encroaching darkness.  I was having trouble seeing my running path.  I called it a night after 3ks.

It looks like my next run is going to be Saturday.  Mrs. Slowrunning is going for some dental work and I am going to run while she is being attended to.  The only problem is the run will happen around noon.....the hottest part of the day......oh my.  I just checked the weather for Saturday and looks like the high is going to be 24c.

Stats:

Distance: 3k (1.86 miles)
Total kilometres: 274.54k (170.6 miles)
Kilometres left: 735.46k (457 miles)
Weight: 90.7 kg (199.96lbs)
Calories burned: 281

Total Calories burned: 26117
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning



2 comments:

  1. Just a question for you, what is your running gear? Do you use compression shirts? What type of shorts, long, short, or other? Do you carry a belt for water or gatorade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my next post will include all my gear :)

      Delete