Translate

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Brisbane to Sydney Opera House (virtual run)

My training class got cancelled this morning.  So I was able to get to work early and complete a 6k run.  It was a good run.  The path was inviting and my foot touched lightly (sorry....I'm channeling my inner Hemingway).

The last time I ran in the morning before work I just felt tired all day.  But so far today I'm full of energy.  Let's hope this lasts.  Saying that.....I also did just go out and buy 3 full cheesecakes for someones last day at work.  I might be forced to have a slice or two.

I was asked earlier to list some of my gear and if take any gels to sustain energy.  I'm going to write about gear and other things I use in an upcoming post.  I would love to hear your feedback on what gear you use when you run.  Please leave a comment or wait for the gear post to leave your comments.

Here is how the slowrunning group is looking so far.  I'm slowly catching up to first place:



Stats:

Distance: 6k (3.72 miles)
Total kilometres: 280.54k (174.3 miles)
Kilometres left: 729.46k (453.3 miles)
Weight: 90.7 kg (199.96lbs)
Calories burned: 551

Total Calories burned: 26668
If you have anything to add please leave a comment or email me at Slowmanrunning73@gmail.com

I created a group on the miCoach website for all the slowrunners out there. If you are interested in joining the group please sign up on the miCoach site and download the free miCoach app for your smart phone. Here is the link: http://community-micoach.adidas.com/groups/slowrunning

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing what you use. Since running in the tropics I am interested to see how you battle the heat.

    Currently I have put away the Adidas Tiro pants since the weather is warming up. For the winter sub zero running I had an Under Amrour compression shirt. I recently purchased the Climacool shorts and short sleeve Adidas compression shirt.

    As for footwear I have been using the Adidas Feather 2.0, and purchased the new Climacool Revolutions. Looking forward to the warm weather running!

    Oh and my MiCoach and Speed_cell are a must have.

    ReplyDelete